All photos courtesy of Shared Beat Medical Outreach volunteers and Snap Chic Photography's, Kate Roy.
Your donations of time and money have helped make Shared Beat a vibrant partner in many underserved communities in Guatemala.
Your donations at the end of last year—and the continued support you’ve shown throughout 2018—made this sampling of our success possible.
· 600 community members were seen in outreach clinics
· 1200 students had annual check-ups and vision screenings
· Every student had health class twice a month
· 57 students received glasses and 10 students hearing aids
· 100 students per week were seen in our school clinic
In addition, your gift touches the lives of those participating in the Shared Beat Scholarship Program. By funding training of local healthcare workers, your gift leaves a legacy that extends for years to come.
· Support two students with their health careers in high school
· Provide training for three former students: one medical student, one is in a dietitian program and one is a physical therapy student.
· Sponsor training for three mothers in the community: one in nursing, one in respiratory therapy and one in pre-nursing
We count on year-end donations to provide a sound financial basis for our work throughout the year. Your gift is extremely important because it offers immediate resources that we direct to current health needs and health care opportunities.
You can be part of our mission of healing and hope by sending a contribution of $20, $50, $100 or more today. Click here to donate now or call 830-331-2691 today to discuss your giving wishes.
The committed Shared Beat volunteers and Board of Directors—everyone who works to serve our Guatemalan friends—join me in thanking you for your generous support.
Marie Berkenkamp, Donette Bisett, Mark Curry, Jenny Hartsell, Wright Hartsell, Mary Kanafani,
Jim Rogers, Michael Stratis & Torri Wilson
Shared Beat Board of Directors
Empowering children and their families through health and wellness care and education
so they can achieve self-reliance and a positive future.